Banana and oats baked together make easy breakfast cookies that taste like yummy banana bread and the kids will absolutely love them. They are simple, tasty and nutritious.
I love getting into the kitchen with my little ones and they have a ball helping me make these cookies.
2 large bananas, mashed
2 cups organic oats
You can also add in some of the following as per your individual taste:
chopped walnuts, cashews, macadamias and/or almonds
coconut – desiccated or flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and blend until oats become the consistency of flour; it’s okay if they aren’t perfectly ground up.
- In large bowl combined mashed banana with oats until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup of your favorite add in; I like using cacao nibs, coconut flakes and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Use a baking sheet and place balls of dough (about a large tablespoon size) onto the sheet of baking paper; flatten a bit with a rubber spatula. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Cookies will keep in a covered container for a few days, or they can be frozen and reheated. Makes about 16 cookies. The challenge is not to eat them all yourself in the one sitting!